On Wednesday I promised to share more of Alessandra Savoia’s vegan superpower secrets, and today I have the pleasure of sharing one of her fantastic superfood recipes to help make you feel tip-top even when you’re rushed off your feet. She says:
These tasty coconut vanilla-flavoured snacks are packed with maca, chia, and hemp to give you that superpower energy boost! These are a perfect pick-me-up for a busy day when you’re on-the-go. They also make a great pre-workout snack.
- 24 dates
- 1/3 cup Almond butter
- 1 tbsp Maca powder
- 1 ¼ cup Shredded coconut
- ¼ cup Agave nectar
- ¼ cup Hemp seeds
- 3 tbsp Chia seeds
- 2 tbsp Vanilla bean powder
- 1 tbsp Cacao Powder
- 1. In food processor, process dates and almond butter until smooth
- 2. Add in maca powder, agave nectar, vanilla bean powder, cacao powder, chia seeds, and half of the shredded coconut, and process until smooth
- 3. Add in hemp seeds and the rest of the shredded coconut and pulse a few times
- 4. Roll mixture into 1-inch balls and refrigerate
- 5. Enjoy!
These really are delicious and keep you filled up for ages.
Thanks ever so much to Alessandra for sharing her plantastic superpower secrets with us this week! Make sure to check out her lovely Instagram feed, and follow her on Facebook for news and updates about her exciting superfood products.
I’ll be back next week with some highlights from my trip back to the UK!